CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

thankful for you + the food.

alright, thanksgiving with my family was... quite tasty + hirlarious to say the least. i spent the evening (yeah, we all get together at night + eat. thats how the vaughn clan does it.) at my grandma's house. me, my mom + sis, grandma, my aunties, uncle, + cousins were there bomb rushing a hot small spaced kitchen trying to dig out collard greens, trunip greens (which were off the meter good... thank you mom), dressing, string beans, squash, mac+cheese, chitlins (ugh... lol), corn on the cob, cornish hen, baked turkey wings, ham (we couldnt get a Honey Baked Ham, so my auntie made a "Connie Baked Ham". dont act like you dont know, the resession is still in session...), + much food out of different pots, tin pans, + dishes.

as we ate, everyone was wilding out. all my folks were gettting on my mom because she made the mac+cheese this year + it was a lil bit on the dry side. my auntie decided to snatch my mom's wig + parade around the house with it sitting on her head. my other auntie was sneaking me glasses of wine while my uncle is taking crazy pictures of my grandma trying hard not to swear the mess out of him. i was teaching my cousins + sis how to play spoons (spades made be whats up to a lot of people, but it takes some real fye people to throwdown a game of spoons). it was quite fun wrestling + tossing my lil 11 yr old cousin across the room just to grab a dining untensil.

i see alot of myself from my relatives, especially from my mom's side of the family. my lighthearted nature, the looneyness. my compassionate + caring nature. its because of these beautiful people that i was blessed to grow around that i am the young man i am today. God knows i am so thankful for these people in my life beacuse without them, i just dont know who i would be....

+ its not only them. there are more that shaped the core of my attitude, my outlooks on life, + even guided me to achieve the dreams i hold close. my dad... hmmm. he gave me strength + intregity, + a nice pair of tea brown eyes. even though we dont speak to each other nowadays + our views are two different sights, i cant never say that im not glad that he was a part of my life. his presense in my younger years were felt + i had taking so much wisdom from him. thank you dad. i respect + love you unconditionally.

i hope that people spent yesterday with loved ones. people that care + cherish them for being in their lives. oh + also got to get some good take home plates for the next couple of days. lol happy belated thankgiving yall.

-soulfully yours, peace+luv 4eva, the 3rd tWin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOPE BLOG~!

Brothers Blog said...

lol @ your aunt snatching up your mom's wig. But that's what's up man sounds like you had a good time.

fuzzy said...

Sounds like you had bunches of fun with your family! I remember those times!